Heavy Lifting Manufacturer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work and maintain appropriate performance and quality standards at all positions or work stations.
- To take proper precautions and use all equipment and tools safely.
- To notify your Line Lead or Supervisor of safety, mechanical or quality problems immediately.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- Overtime may be required!
- Understand operational procedures for the machine including start-stop devices and control settings.
- Know correct setup procedures and adjustments for loading and unloading packaging film.
- Have the ability to quickly identify and remove jams to reduce the amount of downtime.
- Have the ability to load product into the infeed conveyor without missing compartments, and maintaining standards for line speeds.
- Understand and maintain safe operations of the equipment and use all safety devices.
- Understand operational procedures for the machine including start-stop devices and controls.
- Have the ability to load frozen product into cartons while maintaining established line speeds.
- Inspect colors and quality of printed cartons and insure the correct carton is being used.
- Inspect over wrap seal for integrity and quality.
- Observe Overwrap Operator and Case Packer for smooth product flow and efficient line operations.
- Loads packaged frozen foods into cases maintaining proper line efficiencies.
- removes packaged products that are missing components.
- Inspects cartoned products for proper gluing and correct flap alignment.
- Pays attention to metal detector and removes product from packaging line if metal detector alarm is activated.
- Erects cases to supply the Case Packer. Must be able to fold cases faster than they are consumed by the Case Packer.
- Reworks or corrects tabs on cartons and recycles mispackaged products.
- Collects underweight or check weigh-er rejects.
- Assists Case Packer during periods of overflow.
- Cleans up packaging area when time permits.
- Assists as off during downtime when spiral is feeding the line.
- All workstation operations can vary depending on the line setup and packaging requirements or configurations.
- All positions follow the supervisor's instructions.
During periods of packaging line changeover(switching packaging line setup from one product line to another). Packaging Line Workers may be assigned additional responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Setup Cartoning Machine
- Set up Overwrap Machine
- Reconfigure line setup(move equipment)
- Reset tape machine
- Clean equipment
- Change coders(put old code away neatly)
- Remove leftover materials to storage areas
- Stage materials for next product to be packaged
- Erect cases
- Move product into freezer
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to use calculator.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and must have the ability to occasionally lift or push up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 /hour